Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Has Arrived in My Garden-1st blooms of 2011

Despite the fact that it is barely 48 degrees for the high temps today and we had a mix of snow, hail, and rain this past weekend, my daffodils are finally rearing their beautiful faces to bloom. I resolved to plant more early spring flowers in my garden next year so I won't have to wait so long for my first bloom. My wish list is growing...now if I only had a place to put them. Hmmm I may need to do some rearranging in my garden beds.
Narcissus 'Ice Follies'


With their cream outer petals and yellow centers, these daffodils are great companions for all colors of bulbs, perennials, and annuals.

Yes it was worth the wait. I look forward for more to come. Don't daffodils just say SPRING to you? What's blooming in your spring garden?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful daffodils Ramona. I love how hardy they are ~ nothing seems to keep them down. I'm happy you have your first blooms ~ many more will follow now!!! I think we've officially survived another winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too many late winter bulbs, and not enough spring bulbs. They are all going to be gone in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3 year old grandson and I talked about the different blooms this weekend, and he now knows what daffodils and some of my other blooms are. When his dad, our son was asking his sister, our daughter, what a certain clump of flowers were today, Grandson informed them they are pasque flowers. How cool is that! I have hellebores, tulips, and a few others.

    ReplyDelete