Saturday, January 8, 2011

January Winter Whites

On this crisp cold January winter day, I thought it would be appropriate to post some images of a blooming winter white flower. Everytime I pass this simple single stem white gerbera daisy on my kitchen counter, it puts a smile on my face. Hopefully you will be smiling too!

There's nothing like fresh flowers displayed in a home! If your budget is limited, at least purchase some single stems like this one.

Ahhh! Simple pleasures! When you zoom your camera lens in, you're able to see much more detail in this Gerbera daisy.


The creamy white petals remind me of the blanket of snow covering the ground outside my home.


Attention! Update on my 'Apple Blossom' amaryllis. So far the flower has made this much progress. I patiently wait for my flower to bloom...I'll keep you posted.




11 comments:

  1. Hi Ramona.
    Your white gerbera daisy is beautiful. It makes me smile too. You took some lovely photos of it. It's good to see 'Apple Blossom' too. I personally don't like when my amaryllis send up several bud stalks at once. It seems like it slows down the bloom process plus I'd like them to bloom one stalk at a time so that I can enjoy the flowers longer. When they bloom simultaneously it seems like its over so much faster. :-( When yours blooms, it will be a beautiful show!

    ps The orchid I posted about the other day wasn't the one my brother sent me from Hawaii (you have a good memory!). I hope that one blooms soon. This was one I picked up three years ago at the greenhouse. I got it half price because it wasn't in bloom ~ it's bloomed twice for me now and has been totally worth waiting for...
    How's the camera search going??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the complements, Kathleen. I hope I will be able to enjoy the amaryllis a little longer too. I can't wait to see the "special" Hawaii orchid soon! I really haven't had much time to camera search, but maybe over the next few months I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love winter white, lovely bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gerbera seems absolutely luxurious in the wintertime (and appropriately white since my yard is completely covered in snow right now).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm used to seeing gerberas in such bright colors. Your white one is really pretty!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Ramona;
    Very pretty. I do the same thing... I love to keep a single flower in a bud vase, next to my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This white gerbera daisy makes me smile too. You are right about placing fresh flowers in the house. It brightens up a dull place and adds a tinge of fragrance in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your photos of the gerbera daisy. Judging from how quickly your paperwhites grew and bloomed, your amaryllis should be open soon. I don't know that much about bulbs inside, though, so maybe some are slower than others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. I've enjoyed your comments about the Gerbera daisy. I'm hoping my amaryllis will be in bloom soon! Stay tooned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the pics! They put a smile on my face and inspired me to go flower hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I had the same idea about posting "on white" duirng January, looks like snow color inspired us! Like your images. best, Lula

    ReplyDelete