Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Update on My Winter Bulb Experiment and Look What I Woke Up to This Morning

Look at the foot of snow that fell last night. We had just been experiencing unusually warm temperatures for a few days. It was sooo nice! As with all good things they must come to an end eventually.

Instead of the morning run, I traded in my running shoes for snow boots and shoveled the driveway for an hour! Ugh!

Take a look at my paperwhite bulbs! They are growing! I just might have flowers for Christmas. I'll keep my fingers crossed.


5 comments:

  1. Brrr. It looks like winter there Ramona with all that snow! Somehow we escaped again (I know it won't keep happening) and woke up to blue skies and sunshine this morning. Stay warm!
    I think your paperwhites are on the perfect track to bloom for Christmas. I've tossed mine now and am starting new ones ~ a little late for Christmas but maybe New Years??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ramona, Waking up to snow is always somehow magical. I've got some paper whites going too - I'm a few inches behind you! Not sure that they'll be blooming for christmas but anytime around the holidays will be welcome. I've got some more stashed away to start as winter starts setting in around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are growing fast! The snow is gorgeous, though I'm sorry you had to spend so much time shoveling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the paperwhites are blooming and were right on time for Christmas. I'll post an updated picture tomorrow. We will definitely have a white Christmas this year. Two days ago, we had 18-20 inches over night. We had a SNOW day for the first time in years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be curious to see your paperwhites' pictures! Good timing for their bloom! Glad you had a white Christmas! We got just a bit of powder today, on the 29th. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete