Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Limelight Hydrangea in the Fall

Remember those beautiful Limelight hydrangeas that I posted pictures of in August? Well, I mentioned in that post that an added bonus you get with these flowers comes in the Fall when the tips of the flower petals turn a gorgeous pink! I love it when plants are repeat bloomers or bloom for a long time like this one.



Growing up in the southern part of the United States exposed me to plants that I love. Generally speaking, most of those plants love acidic soil and we have alkaline soil here in Utah. Plants like hydrangeas, camellias, gardenias, magnolias, etc. remind me of home. It's difficult or impossible to grow some of these plants here because of our colder, drier, arid climate. I was so pleased to find these hydrangeas a few years ago. They "tap" into my southern roots.






3 comments:

  1. I am rather fond of hydrangeas,and have a few growing. I have taken cuttings, and have had some success in establishing three new plants.
    I have seen the limelight hydrangea in the nursery, and have yet to purchase this one. Now I have seen how beautiful the fall color of it is, I will be buying one this coming year. Thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite color combinations! As a southerner, it's also fun to see this plant being grown outside of the south. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled that you like the Fall hydrangea post. I promise you, the Limelight Hydrangea will not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete