Thursday, September 2, 2010

Container Gardening

This is a picture of one of the containers I put together this year. I chose to just use foliage plants instead of flowers for this container because I could not find the right combination I wanted. I was pleased with the outcome and many neighbors have commented on how beautiful and a little unusual it is. I can leave this container as is through the Fall, which is an added bonus!



Can I just say that I "love" the combination of orange and purple! The rust-colored coleus is called Colorblaze 'Sedona' by Proven Winners and the plum-colored plant is called Purple Shamrock 'Oxalis triangularis'. It comes from the clover family.




The green trailing plant is actually grown as an indoor plant and it is called "Creeping Charlie."



The Purple Shamrock grows little lilac flowers that bloom spring to fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment