Friday, August 27, 2010

Limelight Hydrangea

Your neighbors will be "green" with envy if you have these beautiful "Limelight Hydrangeas" in your garden! When I first eyed these flowering shrubs a few years ago in the nursery, I instantly fell in love! They bloom fully in my area from about the beginning of August through October. For an added bonus, the flower heads turn a beautiful pink in the Fall! The only downside to this plant is that it is suseptable to iron chlorosis because of the alkaline soils we have in Utah. To combat this problem, it helps to treat the surrounding soil with a chelated iron and soil acidifier. Also placing organic compost around the base of the plant helps with this problem.

Absolutely one of my favorite flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. You are very knowledgeable and I love to see you using your talents.

    ReplyDelete